PT programs MAY require the following pre-requisite coursework. This is NOT an exhaustive list, as requirements vary by program. Remember that it is the applicant's responsibility to ensure completion of all pre-requisites. Check the PTCAS Summary of Prerequisite Courses for individual program requirements.
Course requirements for PT programs typically include:
- Biology (BIOL 1107 with lab)
- BIOL 1108 with lab is required for most out of state programs
- Chemistry (CHEM 1211/1212 with lab)
- Physics (PHYS 1111/1112 with lab)
- Statistics (STAT 2000)
- Anatomy/Physiology (CBIO 2200/2210)
- General Psychology (PSYC 1101)
- Abnormal Psychology (PSYC 3230)
- Lifespan Development (HDFS 2200) or Developmental Psychology (PSYC 4220)
**Note: Some programs will accept AP credit for prerequisite courses; however, it is always best practice to confirm this with each particular PT program of interest.
Additional courses that are often recommended or required: